About Me

My photo
What should I say about me? I love films of all sorts, films from all era's and genera's. I love pop corn films my favorite would be Iron Man, but I have a deeper love for this art from. That goes far beyond the glitz and glam of Hollywood, but if you like twilight, then I am sorry to say this is not the blog for you. I prefer films with actors who don’t suck. (Pun intended) The films I enjoy are strange and some what disturbing. To those who have tender sensibilities; this is also not the place for you. Reason being the F-word and other swear words will be prevalent in my posts. But this is not only about films, but books, television shows, video games and what ever else may come to my mind. So sit back and enjoy.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Vengeance trilogy



The Vengeance trilogy
Are a series of Korean films directed by Park Chan Wook, a man whom I can only compare to Stanly Kubrick or Ridley Scott, in his ability to turn a film into a master piece, in color design, and story telling.
The Three films with in the series, tell three separate stories of two men and one women seeking revenge on those who wronged them.
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
 Is a decent inro into  the series
However the second one
Old Boy is a dark and twisted story of revenge, murder mystery and incest.
 The last of the series Sympathy For Lady Vengeance tells the story of a woman wrongfully imprisoned for kidnapping and murder.
The beautiful Lee young Ah (Whom I will be talking about in a later post)  
Plays the lead role, an actress that I greatly admire, not only for her grace but her charm as well. If you have not seen these film I would recommend you watching them, and unlike most film series, every movie is a stand alone film, so you do not have to watch it in any order at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment